Thursday, March 20, 2014

Beginnings


     While RainbowLilyDesigns on Etsy is a relatively new project, I have been designing and creating doll dresses for many years.  I have made them for friends and family and have sold quite a few at local bazaars, and now have created on online Etsy shop to share my designs with people all around the world!

      The love of sewing has been passed down to me from a very creative Grandmother and Mom, and became a dearly loved hobby of mine ever since I first touched a sewing machine.  I created my first doll dress without any assistance, and only a year or two later, I was making and designing piles of them to sell at bazaars!


          Every one of my designs is unique, with love and thought going into every detail and stitch.  They begin with a picture in my mind, which then gets sketched out (with lots of notes) into my notebook of inspirations. :) Then the pattern drafting begins, working with pieces of other patterns I've created to make a whole new design.  Next comes the whirlwind of cutting, sewing, serging, pinning, etc, and then the finished product emerges: perfect!


     I enjoy taking pictures of my products.  While I like taking photos out of doors, oftentimes the rainy Pacific Northwest weather doesn't allow it, so I have to set up my indoor photography stand and then I shoot away.  The resulting photos are then filtered through, watermarked, and are put up in the shop!


     So that's a brief synopsis of what goes on behind the scenes in my shop!  Check back later to hear more details and see pictures of what I do!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RainbowLilyDesigns

No comments:

Post a Comment